Saturday, 5 November 2011

Bwains

I have the plague right now.

No, really, I think I do.  Yesterday, I didn't feel that bad.  The cold meds had me feeling back to almost my normal self and then today...BAM.....nothing is working.  I took a long hot shower and that helped a bit, but it's slowly creeping back.  Yay for NyQuil at bedtime.

I really have nothing to update at the moment but I don't want my blog to go days without an entry.  I've been confused about things over the past couple of days, but I think I've got things figured out.  It may be a tedious process, but regardless, I'm going to do what needs to be done and move on from there.  Yes, I've made some mistakes and I've hurt some people.  Was never my intent, but it still happened.  Whether or not it's forgivable is not up to me.

I've had the past two days off, which has worked out perfectly because it means I haven't had to call in to work sick.  I've noticed that the States call it "Call out to work" while we call it "Call in to work".  I don't know why that was worth mentioning, but it was.

My step grandmother passed away on Wednesday.  The only reason I found out and know when her funeral is, was because my stepmother read the obituaries.  Her funeral is tomorrow and I'm going, even though I've been estranged from that side of the family for nearly 10 years.  Not by my choice mind you, but still.  Most of them I have not spoken with in nearly that long.  I have to admit, I'm slightly nervous.  They may not want me there, but as family, it's my right to be there.  I'm not there for them, I'm there to pay respects to a woman who was a part of my family my entire life.  I have no intentions of speaking to any of them, unless they approach me.  I doubt they will though.  I mean my own mother snubs her grandchildren (her choice, not mine.  I tried to involve her, but when I called to tell her I was pregnant with my son, she told me to never call her again.) and runs away like someone is stalking her every time she sees my family out in public, so I highly doubt she'll say anything to me.  ~shrugs~ Like I said, I'm not there for them.  I'm there to pay my respects to Beryl and that's it.  Hopefully, I'll go, sit through the service quietly and be on my way home.  Of course, I'm the evil one, whom they think is out to cause nothing but family drama and turn people against one another (dunno where they got that idea) but really, a peaceful encounter would be ideal.

So that turned out much longer than I was expecting.  See what happens when I get rambling?  I think I'm going to go fire up minecraft until the cold meds kick in full force and then go to bed.

On a lighter note, I took a picture and thought I'd share, just cause it makes the blog look more interesting. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment