Tuesday, 15 November 2011

When I was just a girl......

I asked my mother....what would I be?

When other little girls wanted to be princesses, I wanted to be a warrior.  I day dreamed about being a superhero.  The one girl that everyone respected because I could kick some ass.

Funny thing is, I've never been in a physical fight in my entire life.  That's probably a good thing.  Violence is never the answer.  Ever.

But at times, it is fucking cool.

My sister took karate when she was younger.  I soooooo wanted to do it too, but was denied.  I suppose as an adult, I could take it up if I wanted, but then there is the issue of time and money and let's be honest, there is never enough of that to go around.  At least not for extra curriculars for Mommy.

What spawned this train of thought?  I went and saw "Immortals" tonight and though the storyline was a bit lacking, the action scenes were impressive.  There was only one female God, Athena, and during the last battle scene, she was kick ass, and the thought crossed my mind of "If I was a Goddess, that would be me".  I mean, most goddesses you imagine, lay around, looking beautiful and being worshiped by mortals without lifting a finger.  Here Athena was laying out the titans like mad and I was all "Helllllls yes, I wish I was able to fight like that."

Though I may be weak on the outside, I'm a warrior at heart.

At least, I like to think I am.

I leave you with the trailer to the movie.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment