Thursday, 24 November 2011

Just some thoughts

I've been thinking a lot lately. ~chuckles~ Well I think a lot every day, but there has been something specific I've been thinking about.

Why do we settle? What is it in us that makes us settle for less than what we want and less than what we deserve? I've done it in the past and I see others doing it now. Something makes us doubt and question our worth and what it is we should get. Why can't we get what we truly desire? What's so wrong in going after what it is we want most and not settling for anything less?

It's taken me a long time and a lot of heartache to come to the realization that if I want to be happy, that I shouldn't settle. Yeah, sure, it's going to fulfill a need, but only temporarily. In the long run, I'm not going to be happy and is that really worth the trouble? I think that's why Ive found the happiness that I have with Yasu. Yeah, there is going to be a lot of obstacles in our way and it won't be an easy road for us but dammit, I want it. I want him in my life. To me, I'm willing to go through it all because in the end, it'll be worth it. I'm willing to sacrifice now to get what I really want in the end and that's him. Plain and simple.

Why is this such a hard thing for people to do? I know it wasn't easy for me to get to this point, but eventually I got here. And I won't go back. At some point, you have to do something for yourself. This is mine.

What's the point in my post? If you know you want something, go for it. If you are unhappy with your current situation, then DO something about it. If you sit back and just settle for what may be making you unhappy, what is ever going to change? You have to be willing to take a leap, a risk.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth it, right?

And now, a video totally unrelated to this post, but a song that I still enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment